Monday 17th July 2017
THIS WEEK IN THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
Three Ministers will attend sitting of the National Assembly this week to answer questions relating to their respective Ministries.
- Minister Jean-Paul Adam will answer 7 Oral Questions related to his Ministry.
- Minister for Local Government and Home Affairs, Mrs Macsuzy Mondon will answer a Private Notice Question by the Leader of Opposition, Hon. Wavel Ramkalawan on the investigation of the disappearance of Mr. Marvin Asba.
- Minister for Environment, Energy and Climate Change, Mr. Didier Dogley will answer an Urgent Question by the Leader of Government Business, Hon. Charles De Commarmond regarding plastic bags restriction and its adverse effect on businesses.
In addition, three motions have been tabled.
- Wavel Ramkalwan, Leader of the Opposition is calling the Assembly to approve the “Terms of Reference for the Select Committee on Judicial Interference”.
- Jean Francois Ferrari, Elected Member for Mont Fleuri is calling on the Government to reconsider the payment tariffs for Stevedores in view of the nature of their work and the conditions that they endure.
- Churchill Gill, Elected Member for Baie Ste Anne Praslin is calling the Assembly to consider that some revenue profits and revenue made from the Valle De Mai Reserve be allocated to a fund that would be able to develop small projects and benefit the inhabitants of both districts on Praslin.
For more details please contact:
Mr. Marcus Volcy
Public Relations, Communications& Protocol