THIS WEEK IN THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
Three Ministers will attend Sitting of the National Assembly tomorrow Tuesday 14th and Wednesday 15th March 2017 to answer questions relating to their Ministry. Minister Bastienne will answer 12 questions about the Ministry of Habitat, Infrastructure and Land Transport. Question 13 on Order Paper dated 9 March tabled by Hon. Charles De Commarmond has been removed. Minister Maurice Loustau Lalanne will answer a Private Notice Question by Hon Wavel Ramkalawan and Minister Michael Benstrong will answer an Urgent Question by Hon. Jean Francois Ferrari, the Member for Mont Fleuri.
In additions 5 motions have been tabled for this sitting.
- The Leader of Government Business, Hon. Charles De Commarmond in accordance with article 69 (2) of the Constitution is moving to resolve approval for the appointment by the President of Mrs. Philiana Jeanne-Marie Simeon as Minister.
- The Leader of Government Business, Hon Charles De Commardmond is moving that this Assembly resolves to approve the supplementary appropriation to regularize the expenditure of SR226,533,165 165 (Rupees Two hundred and twenty-six million, five hundred and thirty –three thousand and one hundred and sixty five only) in excess of approved Budget for the year 2017.
- The Leader of the Opposition, Hon. Wavel Ramkalawan is calling the Assembly to establish a Committee to investigate the allocation of land at Ile Eve and Marie Jeanne Estate 2 Praslin.
- Wavel Ramkalawan will be also calling the Government to take immediate measures in relations to Agricultural Sector ie: imposing embargo on land allocated to agriculture development, refund applicants who purchased agricultural land for other projects and also seeking financial assistance for farmers whishes to develop this sector.
- The fifth motion is by the Member for Glacis, Hon. Regina Esparon is calling the assembly to approve that the government in partnership with private sector finance a half way home for woman and children who has been abused and victims for domestic violence.
For more details please contact:
Mr. Marcus Volcy
Public Relations, Communications& Protocol